Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vintage Illustrations and Denny Crane

I was always fascinated by the vintage style of Illustrations in the 50s until now. It seems like it is a style that would never die. It has been 60 years and we still use it wether it is in animation or design. We still have characters that looks like Mr. Magoo, Coca Cola advertisements that looks like it has been done in 1956. I really appreciate that we embrace this style and that we do not throw It away.

A while back Adobe Illustrator's Facebook fan page posted the work of an artist by the name of Olly Moss www.ollymoss.com . They posted his work of movie posters done in a vintage style. After watching allot of Boston Legal, I decided to make a vintage poster of my own. Here it is.

  

6 comments:

  1. this is really good, wish I could actually have a poster form of it. Don't suppose you'd be willing to help me out with that Phillip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D awesome. Thanks a lot. I live up in Joburg, but am actually coming down to Capetown at the end of this year. Maybe we could work something out where I can collect the poster from you (more than willing to pay) or maybe you could send me a high enough resolution copy so that I could get it printed (if you want to get back to me maybe email me on krisafix@gmail.com.But No matter what I think this is a great image, and give a thumbs up to your tv interests.

      Delete
    2. (am Citrus the site just forgot my details)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just stumbled upon this picture by accident, and like the the person that also commented here would love making a poster out of this!

    ReplyDelete